Sunday, April 11, 2010

How are you living?

"We profess to be strangers and pilgrims, seeking after a country of our own, yet we settle down in the most un-stranger-like fashion, exactly as if we were quite at home and meant to stay as long as we could. I don't wonder apostolic miracles have died. Apostolic living certainly has."



— Amy Carmichael

i saw this great quote today while i was looking for quotes about christian women. and as i read it, it really struck me. It really is true. We complain that we don't see miracles or God move in ways like he did with the apostles, but we must turn that around and ask ourselves, "are we living an apostolic lifestyle? do our actions and lifestyle reflect that we place God #1 in our life - above EVERYTHING else?"
just something to think about..

ATTENTION!!!!!!
i am going to israel this summer with GE (same organization i went with last summer for south africa) and we are going to minister to people of israel, people of jordan, and iraqi refugees. I am going to start fundraising and sending our information letters to you. if you would like one please let me know. (laura.haase@teenmania.org) also im making a tshirt. it will most likely be on a white shirt. im going to post the picture of it soon. probably on facebook.

I'm going through a season right now where God is pursuing me and teaching me how much he loves me. Everyday is a process and i'm learning that all i have to do is focus on today. God is responsible for tomorrow. Another thing that was thinking about the other day is that God owns the sun. The sun. the moon. the stars. they're all His. he holds them and tells them when to move. how crazy is that? and how powerful our God really is.

I'll update more later but righ tnow im about to go to a room meeting with my girls and hang out.

check back soon! (i'll probably be updating tonight. i have so much to catch ya'll up on :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment